At The Travelling Boomer, I’ve always tried to provide information that helps you get the best deals and the most enjoyment from your travels. One of the ways I do that is through the Resources tab at the top of the home page, which offers links to a whole spectrum of travel sites offering help with your flights, vacations, accommodations and things specific to the needs of baby boomers.
But now and then I run across unique and fascinating sites that I’d love to share with you; however, they just don’t fit into any of the existing categories. That’s why I’ve decided to add one more category to the Resources section, so you can see some of these sites for yourself. And I’ve decided to call it just plain Cool Stuff.
The websites included offer interesting, quirky services you might not even know existed, but many of them can add a whole new dimension to your travels. What kind of sites are we talking about? Here’s a sampling:
- A site that translates almost anything instantly, even if you photograph it with the camera on your phone
- A site that lets you find books set in the destination you’re visiting
- A site that gives you free personalized tours of cities around the world
- A site that lets you drop in on locals for dinner in more than 150 cities
- And an old favourite, a site that lets you track just about every flight in the air in real time.
You can see the new Cool Stuff page by going here. And in future, if you need a useful link to help with your travels, or just some interesting discoveries, the Resources section is always there.